In addition to toys for the Advent calendar, another great idea that kids love is gift vouchers for parent-child activities in the pre-Christmas season or for seasonal Advent moments together. Extra Tip 4: The best way to do this is on the evening before the planned event in order to minimise the risk of disappointment if the event doesn't work time-wise or when the weather doesn't cooperate! How about these gift voucher ideas?
- Going to a Christmassy theatrical play for children (or visiting the cinema for a Christmas movie)
- Baking and decorating some yummy biscuits
- Crafting your own Christmas tree decorations
- Fingerpainting a window with Christmas motifs
- Folding Christmas stars for window decoration
- Making your own candied almonds or candied apples and enjoying them together
- A voucher for the carousel at the local Christmas market
- An exploratory walk through the forest or park (maybe you'll find pine cones for Christmas decor!)
- Drawing a big Christmassy picture together to make your own gift wrapping paper for Grandma and Grandpa!
- A visit to the bookstore to buy or rent Christmas books or films for a cozy afternoon together
- Play a board game together
- Write a letter to Santa Claus together (Address the letter to Nikolaus, post code 49681, in Nikolausdorf, Germany – that's where St. Nick picks up his letters!)
- Go ice skating (in the skating hall or outside)"
In the following, we've picked out smaller toys and play sets with smaller pieces, and we hope they'll make their way into your Advent calendar. Please be sure to check the dimensions of the individual products so that the gifts can fit in your unique Advent calendar and don't reveal themselves to your child's curious eyes before they're unwrapped! And now: have fun browsing and discovering your idea for your Advent calendar!